Volunteer with us!
Please read descriptions below for more details.
- 1 Photographer to take photos of individuals, families, and teams who would like to have their picture taken
- 2 Photographers to wander and capture action shots of riders and spectators
- Help individuals, families, and teams who want to have their picture taken
- Act as liaison between Photographer and participants
- Welcome and check-in riders
- Register riders that have previously signed up
- Sign up riders that have not yet registered
- Direct riders and answer questions, hand out forms, keep lines moving
CHEERLEADERS (10 required)
- Encourage riders at the start and finish line with noise makers that you have brought such as cow bells and cheering sticks
SET-UP AND TAKE-DOWN (6 needed)
- Help set tents, tables, chairs, signs and more
- Preparing & loading of the water station vehicles
- When all riders have returned this position will then help in the take down
REST STOP (15 needed)
- Assist with set up of water station
- Look after riders as they arrive, direct to first aid, water, snacks
- Take excess clothes, etc. and label
START/FINISH LINE (2 needed)
- Ensure all riders have all the necessities they need to ride
- Provide encouragement and well wishes before the ride
- Congratulate riders after they are finished the ride
- Direct returning riders to food area, showers, etc.
STANDING MARSHALL (5 needed)
- Volunteer cyclists that ride along the route with registered riders to ensure that the riders are riding safely and headed in the right direction
- Provide support along the routes
- Should have a basic knowledge of cyclist and first-aid problems
ROAD SUPPORT CREW (4 needed)
- With 2 trucks and bicycle repair tools
- Experience in fixing bicycles
- Work picking up damaged bikes if they cannot be repaired
- Be the last vehicle closing routes
Note: Youth 14 years of age or older are invited to apply to the following positions:
Set-up and Take Down
To volunteer at Vélocity, please fill out the form below!
When we are closer to the date and know the shift times, we will send you a follow-up email with specific information. Stay tuned, and thank you for your interested in volunteering for Vélocity and Caledon Community Services!